St. Charles Borromeo Pastoral Council Meeting
January 10, 2012
In attendance: F. Berges, P. Briggs, A. Castro, F. Chin, Fr. Doran, P. Murray, S. Nowicki and
Excused: C. Duffy, C. Newcomb, J. O’Malley, D. Rosado, D. Whiteford
Diocesan Planning Process-Phase IV
- All churches in Phase IV must develop a plan on how their church will successfully move forward over the next few years. The churches in Phase IV are Assumption, Cathedral of St. James, St. Boniface and St. Charles. A meeting will be held on Wednesday, January 18, 2012 at the Immaculate Conception Center, in Douglaston, that will provide information on the next steps in the strategic planning process. Fr. Ed would like 4-6 parishioners to attend the meeting and assist with the preparation of the plan for St. Charles.
Parish Lenten Program
- Living the Eucharist is a new program for Lent, coordinated by Fr. Ed and John O’Malley. The program will start on Sunday, February 26. Fr. Ed and John are looking for volunteers, who will be trained, to facilitate the workshops. Please telephone the rectory at 718-625-1177 or send an email to [email protected], if you are interested in facilitating a group.
- Fr. Ed reported that the contract with the construction company renovating the convent was terminated. The Parish Building Committee is seeking new bids.
Marketing & Community Outreach
- Fr. Ed reported that during the past year there has been an increase in weddings, baptisms, etc. Moreover, St. Charles Parish now has 214 “friends” on Facebook and that there continues to be a significant increase in traffic on the Parish website. During the Christmas season, the Church hosted two holiday related events that were successful.
- Fr. Ed informed the Council the church piano needs to be replaced. One possible solution is to lease or rent a baby grand piano. It would cost $900-$1,200 a month but the rental/lease payment could count towards the purchase price.
Parish Pastoral Council Meetings
- The Parish Pastoral Council voted to have their meetings every 6 weeks instead of every 4 weeks. The next meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, February 21 at 7:30 P.M.